The title of my blog came from my mind wandering and thinking of my mom's famous spaghetti sauce. I've been wanting some-it sounds SO good! She didn't make meatballs, but she cooked the hamburger in crumbles. It made the sauce thick. She sautéed garlic cloves and onion in olive oil. Tomato sauce was mixed with some tomato paste & a little olive oil, and everything was thrown into a big pot on the stove. With a lid on the pot, it simmered all day. This was before slow cookers. There was a secret ingredient that made it special, and her spaghetti was requested by friends and family over the years. My brother said he hadn't had it for many years. When I'm feeling up to it, I think I'll make some!!!
Salad sounds good today. It's supposed to be 112* this afternoon. I'm not complaining though. I'm so happy to be here and receiving treatments that are working for me.
Love & happy gardening!
2 comments:
My mom made pretty good spaghetti and hamburger, no meatballs either. It fed all 11 of us and I bet it was the same recipe. Its amazing how I can smell it right now. So,, I love the name of your blog. Been saying extra prayer for you and Dwight. Its been beautiful here and you know how teachers do in the summer; I have been cleaning like crazy. Gave myself a deadline so I don't get out of hand. I am glad you feel things are working.....I am thinking positive thoughts and sending them southwest to you. Love ya, Linda Wilson
Thank you so much! How's Tommy now that he's 2? We're having fun getting video clips from Graycee. Keeps me going & laughing!
Post a Comment