Treatment 9 is done. Today a 4-week photo and measurement were taken for the doctor team meeting on Wednesday. Going only by one doctor's opinion, he said the mass was "significantly smaller and not angry-looking." I haven't seen either photo or measurement (by choice), but I know it's smaller. I'm still taking single Motrins to help with some pain, but it is still better than it was in the beginning. I may be staying in the heat longer, but if it's working without killing all parts of my body, I'm all in.
I just had the last of the sketti-so GOOD! Thanks again for all of the wonderful birthday wishes-love you all! On Friday, my brother and sister-in-law brought the pot of sauce and we enjoyed supper together. They brought a low table, and we played cards. Our nieces brought flowers too. They are beautiful, large, cheerful, orange ones (Erik's favorite color).
Saturday we had to put our 9-year old dog, Rita down. She had life-threatening complications of diabetes and was blind. She was taken to the emergency clinic. After talking with the vet, we made the decision to end her suffering. My niece, who lives in the Springs, went to hold her and face timed so we could see her and say goodbye. That was so comforting to us that she did that.
On a lighter note, I've been contemplating whether I could do a brief walking in a store like Walmart or grocery. At home I could wait reclined in the car if I tired. Here it's a different story in 114* heat! I still have not been anywhere but the clinic. I haven't been going stir crazy. It's been very calm and relaxing and comfortable in the mh - letting my body rest & heal. You'll know I'm feeling better & stronger when I say I've been out shopping! :)
Put a smile on your face and a song in your heart!
1 comment:
Don't let the heat get you down!! It has been hot here for a few days but we have also had some nasty evening storms!!
Post a Comment